Kicad StepUp: The Sketcher for Getting to Blinky

@maui: Your excellent work continues at a frenetic pace, so I justifiably have trouble keeping up with it. Therefore, I have two questions:

1. I see that now the Manipulator seems to be part of the StepUP WB. But the original Manipulator WB also exists in its stand-alone form and the add-on manager is very aware of this. Should I uninstall the stand-alone version of the Manipulator? Is the stand-alone version updated?

2. I am not sure I quite understand the function of the “Copy Placement” button of StepUP. Is it supposed to take the part its placement coordinates from the first FC document and copy it in the second document at the same coordinates as in the first? Shouldn’t there be some sort of alignment between the two documents?

Keep up the good work!

Hi @cflin

The Manipulator buttons/commands present in the StepUp WB are just links to the main Manipulator WB code… they are available only if the Manipulator WB is installed. I placed them in StepUp WB toolbars as a facility to the workflow.

The “Copy Placement” button is a tool to copy the placement between an object and a second one in the same document. ATM it doen’t work inside a Part container, but only on basic features.