KiCad EXE-To-Go?

All those restrictions, but they allow 7zip which is both free and open source :wink:

1 Like

Another work around is to install vmware.

Buy a cheap win7 license off eBay and setup a win7 vm on your win10 system…

Once you have that you should be able to install what you want within the cm. That worked for me in a similar situation. I setup a whole design flow that way using custom and legacy software, no dealing with IT. Don’t abuse it though, stay off internet on VM.

once setup you can simply move the vm when it is new laptop time.

If you get win 7 pro, you can have xp mode. In the end you have xp, win7 and win 10
Kevin

Hi, just as a comment:

In my particular case I can not install anything and I am not allowed to use any portable storage devices. So I can not create a special installation/VM. And I certainly dont want to buy anything from microsoft. Using windoze at work is pain enough for me :cry:
The Problem is not the windows version - it is IT.

I have 7zip and decompressing the KiCad-Download works 100% . I would just wish the KiCad EXE could do this “officially” without 7zip or admin rights.

But I confess, this is probably a very singular demand and hard to understand for someone from outside.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.