Keepout zone not work in OpenGL canvas?

Hello,
When I use Keepout zone in default canvas it gets hatched and indeed I cannot put a track in this zone. But when I switch to OpenGL I can put my traces in this zone (which is not visually hatched in OpenGL).

I believe it is not a bug but rather my mistake.

Please tell me what I might do wrong?
I have already done couple projects in Kicad, but this trouble with keepout is still a pain for me.
I put traces only in OpenGL becouse of the push and shove ability.

I use version 4.0.7 on Linux Mint (but also used other and on Windows with the same trouble)

Please help me with some hint.
Best wishes to you,
Darek

Just tested it (In a very old nightly).
Yes the interactive router allows you to put traces into the keepout area. But DRC does complain about it. (As long as you tell kicad that the keepout area is for traces)

I am not at my pc with a newer nightly installed so i can not test if this has already been added. (I seem to remember that the interactive router now respects more things but am not sure if keepout areas are one of the things added.)

Warning: using nightly builds comes with some dangers attached

I usually checked, keepouts are now respected by the pns router

I’m testing it with yesterday’s nightly build. It doesn’t seem to be faultless; I can add random vias inside it. But the GAL PnS router seems to obey it, which is more important.

Thank you guys very much.
I didn’t expect so quick responses :slight_smile:

I will stay with the sbable release. Good to know it will improve soon.

Best wisches once again,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.