JST connectors in libraries (KiCad 7.0)

Hello guys,

I’m a KiCad beginner and I have installed KiCad 7. I would like to have some JST Connectors in my project, but I can’t find them anywhere.

• Symbols
  • Footprints
  • 3D models

Does anyone have any experience with this and can give me some tips?

Thanks in advance!

There are plenty of JST footprints and 3D models in the footprint and 3Dmodel libraries, but I haven’t checked to see if the 3D models are complete.

You would use them with a generic connector symbol that has the same number of pins. I notice though that there is a MP pad on the footprint, probably for mechanical attachment and shleiding. You may have to add an extra pin to the symbol called MP to connect to that footprint pad.

1 Like

For footprints, go to the Kicad footprint libraries and find them under Connectors_JST.

For symbols, go to the Kicad symbol libraries and find them under Connectors_Generic and select the number of pins required.

For 3D, scour the Kicad 3D libraries, and if not there, scour the internet. Read this FAQ for an explanation for 3D.

EDIT: @retiredfeline beat me to post by a long way, but I’ll leave this here as there is an explanation for 3D.

1 Like

@retiredfeline @jmk
Thank you for the quick replies! I’ll try and report back afterwards. :+1::beer:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.