JLCPCB rejects board due to empty back solder mask

The price this site spits out for JLC was almost double compared to the calculation on JLC’s site. Not good.

Can’t see what jlopezNEU’s problem is.

I took the liberty to play with his design on a 10 mm² by 1mm thick board smd only, even enig. The only thing that stood out was to drop the NPTH layer file since it does not contain any relevant data. JCL’s online check passed with flying colors.

Are you sure you included shipping cost on JLC site? Every time I used pcbshopper it was spot on, the only thing it doesn’t account for are one time discounts like first order promotion they have on JLC.

Certainly did :sunglasses:

hi @jlopezNEU I don’t know if you were able to solve this issue, but you can also try to upload it to AISLER. I’m one of the co-founders and we manufacture locally in Europe (ie Germany) and in the US. For tiny boards like this it’ll most likely be about 6-7$ including local shipping, so if that little price peak doesn’t hurt, and you prefer ENIG instead of HASL, I’d be happy to share this 50% coupon with you TRYUS2019 so the price will drop to 3.50$ on your first order.

I debated on whether this was spam or not. To me what differentiates it is that @Libermentix is up front about his connection and basically doesn’t offer any information that hasn’t been offered up about other sites. As a community having the manufactures involved is a plus in my opinion.

Yeah, but it has nothing to do with solving the OPs problem with JLC. If we leave the door open to this, then every thread where someone says “I have a problem with manufacturer X”, then we get dozens of spammers tipping up to say “hey, why don’t you try our service instead”.

It’s not a user recommendation, it’s spam form a site owner. No other way to look at it.

1 Like

Keep in mind fighting spam has personally cost me thousands of dollars for filtering servers and untold hours setting them up and configuring them back when spam first started to get problematic. (Small ISP with about 1000 active email accounts that had a 5 seat license. Emails were small and 5 were enough for a long time until you started getting 10 connections a second from spammers.) I am very sensitive to it. In this one instance I’m hoping it becomes more of an incentive for a board manufacturer to get involved with the community. Obviously as most people here know, I’m far from infallible.