Is there a manual for creating a footprints in 6.0.7?

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.
I want to learn to design my own footprints (and symbols), but I have not the SW here, is there something else I could study.

What do you mean with:

If you install KiCad, then you always also install the symbol and footprint editors.
Both schematic symbols and footprints are quite simple objects.

Schematic symbols need pins, and these have a Name, a number, and some other less important attributes:

Footprints have pads (with their own atributes) and all the other things for footprints are mostly both optional and self explanatory.

Both these editors have their own manual, probably already installed when you install Kicad, but also available on https://docs.kicad.org/

There are also some text based tutorials in the FAQ section of this website. For example:

Those tutorials were written for KiCad V5, but not much has changed in these editors.

No KiCad SW means that I have KiCad on a different disk than this Windows 7. But I still would like to use W7 to study KiCad.

I found them, but they seemed a bit old. Thank you.

I wanted to say something like this also, but I’ve checked what is at that page and said nothing :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.