Is it possible to make netlist colors look more like Altium?

Altium schematic editor draws a highlight over the wire. I think this looks great and is also how I mark schematics when I print them out, using a highlighter pen.

Is it possible to get the effect with KiCad? Could I write a plugin or pull request that would do that?

Do colours in the schematic editor automatically integrate with the PCB as shown in the screenshot?

Maybe this is more a developer question, I was unsure where to put it.

You can set the colour / width of a net by defining a netclass (in the Schematic setup dialog). The colour can be set independently for the schematic and the PCB editors, but if you open the netclass settings in the PCB esitor board setup, there is a button “Import colors from schematic” to do it automatically.

I found those settings but they don’t give the “highlighter pen” style I was hoping for. See in the screenshot, there is an underlying line and a colour highlight is drawn over it.

I was wondering whether to write a plugin for that but I don’t know if that is within the capabilities of plugins?

Thanks for the tip about synchronisation of colours!

So, you can set the colours of individual wires (from the wire edit dialog, but not with a highlighter-type tool), but these wouldn’t be reflected in the PCB layout. I’m afraid I’ve barely looked at the plugin functionality, so I don’t know if that would be possible.