Importing project libraries

I’m new with Kicad. From what I’ve seen, it’s a great platform on it’s way to being awesome!

In one project, I built a number of semiconductors that I want to use in new project. I’m not clear on how to use the custom library in my new project.

Kicad Rev. 5.4.1-e60b266-84-ubuntu18.04.1

Thanks!

The easiest solution for me is to copy the custom library to the new project and then add it to the new project via Preferences -> Manage Symbol libraries -> Project Specific Libraries -> Add existing library to table

1 Like

Not the best idea if the libs are inside the project directory of another project.

If the libs should stay project specific then i suggest copying them around. If one wants the same libs to be used in different projects then global personal libs are the way to go: Library management in KiCad version 5

Thanks SnowMB, that did the trick!

You are right. But I suggested copying the library first :wink:

1 Like

If I was building large projects on a regular basis, I would be much more diligent about libraries. I’m designing small PCB’s for my own interests.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.