I'm interested in becoming a KiCAD librarian. How do I start?

I’m interested in becoming a KiCAD librarian. How do I start?

I’ve made some merge requests on the library and am disappointed with the speed they’re getting reviewed, so I’d like to help solve the problem and clear the backlog while making KiCAD better.

3 Likes

that’s a noble intent, i applaud your enthusiasm!
if you have not done it already, i think that you can start here:

I’ve already submitted merge requests. I’m looking to become a librarian, per the instructions here: Contribute | KiCad EDA

I’m hoping to get in touch with the existing team of librarians!

2 Likes

Hello, and thank you for your interest to join and help the librarians team.

I am happy to help. ( We all are… :slight_smile: )

You can start by doing some reviews in open MRs against KLC and ping me or any other active librarian when it is ready as per your review. That would be a good first step. You can also check other MRs as examples.

Also, please DM an email address for further guidance since there are some review related tasks but unrelated with the KLC itself.

I am sorry for the disappointment you experienced, in an ideal world the librarians team could have a few hundred members, zero backlog etc.

I believe that every person has joined the team for the same main reason( and we mostly do this as a hobby task ). However, real life is always at play and motivation comes and goes. This directly affects the speed things are moving.

4 Likes

Hi @Aris_Kimi, I’m also interested in assisting librarians with merge requests. In the forums, I couldn’t find where I could DM you an email address for further guidance. What is the best way of getting you my email address?

@divgradcurl thank you for your interest. ( You should have a message now. )

One more option is a confidential issue on one library repository so that any librarian can help further.

I am not sure if all members are visiting this forum and how often. But i think GitLab is a more appropriate place for this type of engagement. :slight_smile:

Best regards!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.