I have a library problem!

As I know “stable” in KiCad don’t mean exhaustive tested and free of bugs. Stable mainly means no changes in file formats, user interface betwean successive versions.
So 5.1.3 will have no new fuctions compared with 5.1.2 but would probably have less bugs.
Because of this I suppose 5.1 nigtlies (currently going from 5.1.2 to 5.1.3) probably have less bugs than 5.1.2.
Of course not sure, only probably. But if I see a bug in 5.1.2 I can suppose that may be it was fixed and in current 5.1 nigtlies it is gone.

1 Like

I still have sever library problems! I thought read through and “understood” the subject.
There may be w10 acting up.
Here is why I suspect this to be machine dependent, prima-facie: my son’s machine ran kocost ( in Linux env) without any hitch but in mine it simply did not. Comes out with unending error list.
Libraries I created by following the process simply disappears when I start a new project. Yet, if I look into the folders, the .lib items, I see them all.
THERE MUST be something my machine is not loaded with! Because, all of a sudden, pcbnew will not start- I have been getting these error notices quite a lot but I ended last night’s work at 10pm.
This morning, it simply wont start & I get this error:

It is " can’t open file fp-info-cache(error five- access denied)", failed to create a temp file name ; can’t write buffer “fp-info-cache” to disk
Are these good enough of signs to tell us a machine problem? But all of a sudden?
Will appreciate help in unjamming these problems & get on with my work…

the fp-info-cache stuff is new to version 5.1 (or was it already in v5 i am not sure). How did you open your project? (I think there is a problem on some platform when using standalone mode of either pcb_new or eeschema)

This particular pro was from a “new project” start up. That creted a sch file, a pcb file.
So I made the sch with parts–struggle struggle-- made new symbols–then associated cmp , making new footprints–, annotated-- made netlist. Opened pcb file. Read the .net
At the beginning, there was no delay or errors.
As the pcb got loaded, and make corrections in schematic, added new parts, opening pcb started giving errors, would bring up a dialog box “pcb is already running”…so on. Generally after a few attempts, I see pcb come up.
Sometimes, I do have to get out of the program & restart.

thnx Rene, for your review of this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.