[SOLVED] I can't connect the symbol

help!
I tried to connect pins of this block and I can’t
can someone help me?

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-10 at 1.33.35 PM

The grid settings of the symbol doesn’t match the grid on your schematic.

What is the grid you created the symbol with and what grid do you use in your schematic?

the first in symbol editor then insert it in Shematic Editor

can you join me in this meeting to help me to solve this problem?

anybody can help me?

No.

Can you answer the question?

the grids are same

No, then you would not have this problem. You still didn’t answer the question.

After just 1 minute, which is very fast if you ask me, there is an answer and a question, that needs to be answered so that the exact solution can be said. But you choose to ignore that and after just 7 minutes, you do that.
IMHO, that is pretty cheeky. Anyway, if you don’t want help or don’t want to accept it.

I’m sorry
surly I need your help but I can’t understand what is the grid.

Distance between stop points for mouse cursor.
Right-click at schematic and last position in context menu is Grid.

1 Like

ok the two are same

and the pin doesn’t connect
can you help me to solve this problem

Can you make sure that in the symbol editor, you’re actually using the grid and that the rectangle and the pins are positioned on the grid? It doesn’t look like they are.

Also you should use a larger grid, I’d generally use the 50 mil grid (the 1.27 mm one), the second in the list.

1 Like

At schematic use grid: 1.27 (0.05in) and never change it. At symbol editor to draw some picture you can change grid, but your pin end should be ‘in 50 mils grid’. 50 mils = 0.05 in.
Your symbol can be:

• wrong or
  • correct but placed at schematic with wrong grid.
1 Like

I solved this error
@Jonathan_Haas
@Piotr
@johannespfister
Thanks a lot

If at schematic you want to more precisely position symbol reference or value use Ctrl key while moving it but don’t change grid.

1 Like

thanks, sir
your reply helped me

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.