How to create evenly spaced Resistors

For me it would be more work then to manually place resistors one by one (having grid set according to my needs).

When I double click on each resistor in pcbnew after duplicating them, the cursor comes up highlighting the numerical portion of the reference designation for that resistor. So then I only need to type the number. I think that if you tried it you might find it to be quicker and easier.

Well you will also need to check the schematic to know what resistor should be at the current position (as you can not assume that in the general case there is any sense to the order).

If you however do basic placement then you can just use the ratsnest to see which register goes approximately where.

I agree with you. I should have probably mentioned that my suggestion was how to reconnect BobZ’s solution to the schematic. Not that I would promote his solution. I’d try using the already discussed align/distribute tools after putting the resistors in roughly the correct relative locations. It all depends on the preferred technique for skinning this particular cat. Personal preference is a major factor in choosing the technique. :wink:

Not needed. You said “My guess…” and I understood you correct.

1 Like

I guess this points out how no one workflow is always best. If for example my circuit has some sort of repeated network, such as 6x (a transistor and resistor and capacitor all connected similarly) then I find that connecting Q19 to C19 and R19, Q20 to C20 and R20 etc. can be helpful. It might require a few added minutes “up front” but can help minimize confusion in subsequent work (layout through troubleshooting.)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.