Hole and pad for wire

I am new to KiCad and have designed a simple PCB.

I have a need for a series of holes which wires will be placed into and then soldered to the board.

I am using the object " MountingHole_Pad" which is the only thing I can find that is suitable.

This shows on the schematic as having a connection - so I connect it up and make it a PCB.

I can run lines to the hole. All good.

However when I look at it in 3d, or upload to OSH Park there is no copper shown - just the hole.

I can find no other option that matches and would appreciate help on what I am doing wrong.

Thank you

It’s easier to help if there was a picture or the board attached.

!

Thanks for the reply.

Image of the board attached

For the schematic, you could choose a symbol like Conn_01x04_Female for example, and for the footprint you can choose any connector that has the right number, pitch, and size of pads.

Or if they are too far apart, make each connector a separate symbol and footprint.

Or even make your own footprint, I think the footprint wizard can create regularly spaced pads.

And the 3d view. I am a new used so I can only upload one image at a time

Schematic: connector_generic
Footprint: connector_wire

Good to read up on the Details of doing it but, if just wanting to get to the business of it… Gif Video below…

Once you get the Hole with copper, you can make wires and 3D models for a graphic… screenshots below…

term4wire_480.mov

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.