Global footprint library table

All was working great, although IT has been doing their (dark) magic. I am getting an error message "An error occurred attempting to load the global footprint library table. Please edit the global library in the preference Menu. Using KiCAD 7.x, W10.

Do you know which global footprint library?

Edit:
Which Kicad 7.x ? The current is 7.0.5
You can find out by going to Help > About Kicad > Version.

Does the global footprint library table have only Kicad libraries installed, or are there Personal Libraries also?

I just downloaded and reinstalled version 7.05. I get the same error

What I did not add to the error message was "duplicate Library Nickname found in Footprint library table file line 149

What I am looking at now is how to change the paths in KICAD. Do not know why but our IT guy changed C:/users/name/documents… There is NO documents folder anymore. If someone can tell me how to change the paths I think I may be back in luck

found out how to change the paths. Still does not work

Still getting “duplicate Library Nickname found in Footprint library table file line 149”. The question is where is this file?

At Windows it is in (I am writing from memory) C:Users\{User}\AppData\Roaming\kicad.

Do these paths point to the correct location on your machine?

To me, this interprets as the “nickname” for the 149th library in the “Global Footprint Library Table” list is a duplicate of some other nickname.

Maybe scroll through the list of libraries and check the “Nicknames” for a duplication?

The library system, including nicknames, is explained in this FAQ.

It seems rather strange, as I tried to duplicate a “Nickname” on my Kicad 7.0.5, but the computer said NO. Maybe it was IT black magic.

Possibly someone with more knowledge of warnings regarding libraries may have further contributions to your problem.

In the end what worked was to use Revo Uninstaller. In addition to running the Windows native uninstaller, it also removes any other remnants. There were 50 instances in the registry. After the reinstall, I was able to rebuild my project and get the PCB out for quote.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.