Getting action plugin error messages

Hi,

I’m working on an action plugin for pcbnew and I had an earlier version working, but I’ve done something now which has broken it.

I can import the module using the scripting console just fine, so it’s something specific to the registration.

A couple of days ago I found a post that had a command you could execute in the scripting console that would show the results of the last plugin registration, including any python errors, but for the life of me I cannot find it again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Lee.

You moght want too look at one of my plugins. Replicate layout for example. The plugin is made as a complex plugin which means it is in its own folder. The init.py will write any error it encounters when loading the plugin in ‘Replicate_layout_error.log’. If the plugin loads succesfully then execution logging is done via logging module (in action_replicate_layout.py

1 Like

Thanks MitjaN … quite bizarrely I found you plugins earlier and implemented a similar error log approach, so I managed to fix the problem. Thankyou!

I’m still keen to re-find the scripting console command though, as it was very useful.

I also recall something about this so it would be nice to confirm this.

pcbnew.GetUnLoadableWizards()
pcbnew.GetWizardsBackTrace()
3 Likes

Thanks qu1ck … I’m pretty sure that’s a lot simpler than the one I found before, but works perfectly.

Apart from the script itself, you can see some messages unintuitively in the Footprint Wizard dialog:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.