Frequent error while moving to new project and using few footprint

I usually get these two errors:

1. Expecting “’(’” in input/source
    2.Unable to open filename

Before anyone might be able to help please paste your Kicad version info.

• Help | About KiCad | Copy Version Info

Anything else goes from there.

One possible problem is v4/v5 update problems: Your project was created in v4 (or with v4 libraries) but you continue to work in v5 or you have part of the library still setup with the v4 lib while another part of the lib is from v5 To be sure we would require the full error messages including file names reported

I’m using KiCAD 6.0.0 rc1

No. I’ve been using RC 6.0.0 more than 8 months. All project are created in this version itself.

Please copy and paste the exact version information as jos told above.

As told I’m using 6.0.0-rc1

Just copy and paste the information. It gives us exact information, unlike 6.0.0-rc1. Your version is an old nighly build and the versioning scheme has been changed. Additionally copying from the dialog gives more information, like operating system (which is often crucial).

See also Is it a good idea to use a nightly build version?. But if you use nightly builds, at least keep up with a relatively late version (1 month is too old) unless you have some very good reason to not to, and if you do have a reason, you should deal with the consequences.

…please paste your Kicad version info.
I’m using KiCAD 6.0.0 rc1
Please copy and paste the exact version information…
As told I’m using 6.0.0-rc1
Just copy and paste the information. It gives us exact information…

Why do I feel like this is going to be the reply?
…using 6.0.0-rc1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.