FreeRouting Postrouting Error

Hello There
I have new doubt which I want to get solved at earliest.

I am using freerouting tool along with Kicad 4.0.0, but the after clicking on Autorouter, Batch optimizer doesn’t lasts, many times I have to interrupt the process as it is taking too much time.

But by interrupting postroute interrupts and error or errors occured in the PCB and production house sends back the PCB as an exception.

And I also want to ask about the annular ring.

Annular Ring = (Via Dia - Drill Dia)/2
with this formula Annular Ring comes out to be greater than 0.1mm (which is standard for my manufacturing company), but in some areas it is showing drills are less than 0.1mm.

Latter mentioned problem is related to Annular Ring Issue, just by interrupting long lasting postrouting timing, it leaves the holes unanalyzed.

I am putting a screenshot of the error generated by manufacturing house.

Please help me out.

I have few more queries I will share them in new topic.

I would strongly encourage you to upgrade to Kicad 5.1.x even if there is some adjustment pain, see the FAQ on upgrading 4 to 5. There freeRouting is not included in Kicad but you can run it as an external application.

Recently I got notified of a new release of a fork of freeRouting: https://github.com/miho/freerouting/releases/tag/v1.4.1 I’ve only tried it a bit and it seems to work ok compared to the version I was using before. When I do a board with it I will post experiences.

1 Like

Thank you @kenyapcomau

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.