Footprint not finding pads

I am running into an issue where I have a footprint assigned to a diode, but the pad doesn’t seem to be linking to the netlist or something correctly. I have tried using different footprints, but still get the same issue. Is there a way to solve this?

You might want to read this: How does KiCad know which symbol pin represents which pad of the footprint?

2 Likes

Thank you for the help. I was able to solve my issues by updating the pad names on the footprint.

See the FAQ Article, " How does KiCad know which symbol pin represents which pad of the footprint? ". You may need to review, " What is the difference between footprints and symbols? ".

In your particular case, the symbol in your schematic has pins with Pin Numbers “A” and “K”. Your schematic links that symbol to a footprint, which does not have pins numbered either “A” nor “K”. (I would wager that the footprint uses pin numbers “1” and “2”, but I haven’t looked at it.)

There are at least three ways to solve your problem.

1. Edit the schematic symbol, changing the pin numbers from “A” and “K” to whatever pin numbers are used in the footprint. (It may be wise to save this edited symbol to a different library.)
  2. Edit the footprint, changing the pin numbers from whatever they are, to “A” and “K”. (It may be wise to save this edited footprint to a different library, which - of course - must be properly referenced by the schematic symbol.)
  3. Redraw your schematic, selecting symbols from a library set that is already synchronized between symbols and footprints.

Dale

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.