Footprint libraries not found on debian (kicad 5.0.2 ; from stretch-backports)

Hi there,

I installed Kicad 5.0.2 on Debian Stretch (LMDE 3) with package manager (apt-get), but it can’t find any footprint (pretty folders, kicad_mod files). I also installed package kicad-libraries, which installs kicad-footprints.

The issue seems to be that they are listed as plural names in /usr/share/kicad/template/fp-lib-table (for example “Buttons_Switches_THT.pretty”) but actual files have singular names, for example folder /usr/share/kicad/modules/Button_Switch_THT.pretty).

Am I missing something, or is there a problem with these Debian packages? How can I fix this?

check the time-stamp on your fp-lib-table, I guess it didn’t get updated.

the latest from github is there: https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-footprints/blob/master/fp-lib-table

1 Like

Did you install the library packages (including the templates)? Are these the packages for version 5 or did you perhaps install version 4 packages?

And if your personal lib tables did not update:

1 Like

OK, thanks for pointing me on the issue, I did install kicad 4 at some point, and I didn’t know I had a ~/.config/kicad folder remaining with the incorrect footprint paths. I deleted that, restarted, and it seems fine now :slight_smile:

Thanks.

EDIT: also my comment about /usr/share/kicad/template/fp-lib-table was misleading, I think I already tried to overwrite it at some point, so it wasn’t the one from the original package. I reverted it to its original state (i.e. singular names).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.