Footprint in Layout looks different than Footprint Editor

This is the responsibility of your browser not the forum software. In fact every modern browser has an inbuilt spellchecker or can interface with spell checkers.

And there is https://languagetool.org/ that can be used directly on their website or even installed as an addon to browsers. (It is available for firefox and chrome)

My guess is that is your browser letting you know that these English words aren’t found in the spell-check dictionary for your language. I can only imagine that it is annoying.

I don’t know if I agree. If designing a board with high density, being able to see in a simple report who of many manufactures can reliably fabricate the annular rings of the various footprints footprints used (and possibly designed and vetted in the past) would make quoting several manufacturers easier. Or even warn the designer that the previously vetted footprint (against the device datasheet and/or physical sample) that they used has annular rings too small for the chosen vendor so the designer can redesign the footprint before getting a board back from the vendor with trace to THT pad or via connections broken because of drill placement tolerance. Much easier to run a quick plugin to warn about annular rings too small than having to manually check the annular rings of all THT footprints and vias used. Especially since in order to calculate annular ring in KiCad currently one has to do the equation (pad size - hole size)/2 on each unique pad and hole combination.

1 Like

This might be a bit too simplistic of an approach. You need to not only parse separate pads. You need to parse combined pads to get the true result for things like thermal vias or other applications where pads are overlapping.

With such approach you are right. I just didn’t thought about designing and then looking for manufacturer who can do it. I looked at world from my simple point. I assumed that the manufacturer is known before beginning designing.
And I had no contact with high density PCBs.

I just never thought that writeing at forum is off-line (I was never being interested in forums - KiCad is the first one I am watching and I spend no time on thinking how tools to write at forum works).
As the writeing frame is supported with keys with English words (“Reply”, “cancel”) and from time to time on the right down I see the word ‘saved’ I intuitively supposed I am in Eglish world. The second window showing how my message will be looking when I will send it also suggest that it is the forum who knows how it will be looking and not my browser so once more I intuitively supposed that I am online (not in sense that everyone sees what I am writeing but in sense that forum controlls what I see).
I’m used to use tools as thay are and not to configure them :slight_smile:
I have never installed any application at my phone - I load its battery typically once per 8…10 days.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.