Footprint for a 2-deck rotary switch

Perhaps you should look who made instructions. It is paulvdh who knows this issue, and made the effort to make it visible here. The problem is that it is wasted here. After a while now one finds it here.

Hello paulvdh,

I got the pin positioning problem solved by adding the Length attribute to my Pin Table, as you suggested, thanks again.

I have been working another problem for the past few days but with no success. As is probably clear from the schematic presented in the original post, this project is for an audio stepped-balance-control. I drew the schematic such that positions 6, 7 and 19 and 20 would be the nominal OFF positions, and a counterclockwise shaft rotation would engage the left resistor string with resulting attenuation in the left channel. Conversely for the right channel on the B switch deck. However, when translated to the PCB, the shaft rotation seems to be just the opposite. Hopefully, the attachment will help with understanding the problem.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
ceulrich

Hello All,

If anyone is wondering if the shaft rotation problem got solved, I offer the following:

After much reading and fiddling, I solved the problem by mounting the switch from the B-side of the board. I accomplished this by making a new footprint, I moved pins 13 and 26 to the other end of the string of pins. This forces the switch to be mounted on the B-side. There are other ways to accomplish this, but I had to clean up the pin spacing on the footprint, so going the modified footprint way was the easiest for me.

Cheers,
ceulrich

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.