Footprint - 3D Model

I made a footprint of a Toggle Switch that I use in projects and have used it many times.
Today, I made a 3D model of the part but can’t seem to get it to display in the 3D Viewer.

I read several posts and doc’s but I must be missing something…

Most likely, it’s Path problem - I thought I understood KiCad & Paths and have no problem with my other Path definitions - all work.

Attached is a Screenshot of the Build Paths and the Footprint path for this Part.

What did I do wrong?
What should it be (how to properly do it)?

Thanks

You can ignore the path variable stuff. It does nothing other than make your setup portable to other setups.

Also 3d models are not added to any library table. A footprint points directly to a file.
See Tutorial: How to make a footprint in KiCad 5.1.x (From scratch)?

Can you show how you attached it into the footprint in Properties? What’s the path there?

SOLVED

Thank your, both.

I did not set the path correctly. The referenced tutorial cleared my confusion :grinning:

One more question - It’s rotated 90 from the Footprint. I tried setting the Z-rotation but nothing changes (yes, I did Refresh it)… ?

Never mind - it’s now rotated… weird…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.