Failed to retrieve file times for 'path'. When importing .kicad_mod footprint

Hi, I have .kicad_mod file, that I want to import to my footprint libraries. When I go to Import - Footprint Association File it does not recognize my file. When I tried to manually place it into one of the folders with .kicad_files and then try to Assign PCB footprints, it gives this error:
“Failed to retrieve file for (error 5: …).” Do you have any idea what to do with this problem?

In the Footprint Editor use File -> Import Footprint from KiCad File. Choose the .kicad_mod file and open it. use File -> Save and choose the library into which you want to save it.

You can also just move the .kicad_mod file into the .pretty folder which is the library – KiCad doesn’t keep record of the footprint in any other way than loading dynamically all .kicad_mod files which are in the .pretty folders defined in Preferences -> Manage Footprint Libraries.

More details How to get a downloaded symbol, footprint or full library into KiCad version 5?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.