F.Silkscreen color question

your gerber-infos are really not helpful. We need a project to decide if the project itself shows a problem or if it’s more a installation problem. If all your projects show the same behaviour it should be possible to create an example.

Attached you will find one of my gitlab-error-projects (from an older gitlab-issue. And a picture how it looks on my board-editor. So you can compare with the board-view on your installation.

dragging_net_width_ignored.zip (92.1 KB)

Thanks @mf_ibfeew

everything is well displayed here (about the layers), - your gitlab-error-projects

originally part of this project was made in Eagle and I imported it with import non-kicad project function
http://nisbeth.dk/uffe/files/wpsfiles/downloads/that1646stereo_v1-0.zip
this Eagle project has been further developed in KiCAD

could this be a problem according to you?

PS:
I will speak to my colleague to see if I can upload the complete project to give you a clearer view

is that what you mean?
say I never saw say v5 or v6

Okay so I reinstalled with 7.0.1 installer (and under Ubuntu) and everything seemed fine, up until the point I used the -import non-kicad project- function thing again, as I was importing the Eagle data again the layers are in the wrong place again, ergo here’s the problem.

so now I understand, not good but I know what the problem is

thanks for the help for all, , @mf_ibfeew by the way can you check what could be the problem with this import functionality?

by the way can you check what could be the problem with this import functionality?

A short test (using “import non-kicad project” from kicad manager to import the eagle-schematic + eagle-board) revealed nothing similar to your layer-switch.
But thats the end of my “import anything”-knowledge, so someone else must step in.
I have gone the route with recreating all old eagle-projects (worked 25years with eagle) in kicad.
And for me this was the right decision:

• recreating allowed to slowly learn the new tool (kicad)
  • and at the same time it allowed for an slight modernization of the schematics/boards

Yes.
My toolbar is like your except I don’t have last 10 icons.
But it was already explained by mf_ibfeew:

So now we are in the same shoes :slight_smile: I am so fu…ng sick of online EDA stuff, it was a madman who invented them, you can’t work with them, they will slow down the whole computer, pure lag, it’s impossible to work well with these, f.e. Fusion360 and others…

any idea how to replace the whole two layers (F. to B.) after that?

I don’t want to move everything one by one, I found this but I can’t really get it to work and it’s not really the best tool… for this

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.