Extra circles exported in gerbers

This is good news. Are they also OK if you include the Gerber job file, use extended X2 attributes and include the netlist?

The whole point of this thread was that X2 format was not compatible with their CAM software.

but was the circles due to x2 or due to the accuracy setting?
JLC have had issues with x2 GERBERS in the past, more specifically the aperture macro’s resulting in rounded rectangle pads having their corners cut

The unexplained circled however was more todo with the precision setting ( 4.6 vs 4.5) which can result in odd rounding if they are using old CAM software

The fact you have it working is great, but the settings chosen potentially mitigate two different errors and only one is x2 related.

in short, buggy CAM but this might not be x2 related

1 Like

The aperture macro bug has nothing to do with X2 either. The macro definitions have not changed since at least 1997, probably earlier. Neither have the circle definitions. These are very old bugs in CAM350, long since fixed. Of course, if one continues to use old software of doubtful legality it will never be fixed. Well, I should not complain, these bugs are there since only 30 years, it is understandable that JLC has had no time yet to fix them.
X2 has changed nothing in the image definition. X2 defines 4 new commands to define attributes. If you don’t like the attributes, just ignore the commands. And indeed JLCPCB has developed a script to remove these attributes.
Use X2, to help those that can use the attributes.

Exactly, hence pushing for this conciceness. It is “fake news” that this is an X2 issue rather than a cheap fab house issue just perpetuates the lie.

Fact is X2 is a “comment extension” to X1 so if some CAM software is bugging out when X2 is used they are non-compliant and if they are non-compliant to a simple comment, what else are they non-compliant to. would you trust such fabhouses?

Using UK/US fab-houses I have never had any issues with X2,Aperture or precision and if a Fab houses started blaming my GERBER (gerbers cross-checked with multiple viewers) and the GERBERS are compliant, I change FABhouse, its not worth the risk dealing with other fab issues

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.