ERC: Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it

I know this topic has been covered many times on here but I’ve read many posts and still can’t get get rid of the ERC error. I keep getting the ERC error:

“Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it”

1. I made some custom schematic components and have made sure all the PWR and GND pins on my connections were set to power Input on the schematic editor
  2. All the pins are correctly set to input and output on my schematic
  3. I have power flags connected to PWR and GND.

How do I get rid of this error? I set have a reverse protection FET with the power and ground after that. Can I go ahead and make the PCB portion if I can’t figure out how to solve this…will the connections still appear despite the errors? Sorry for the noob question, I have read as many posts on this as I could find on this.

50%20PM

Well your pin Out3 of your Op_Amp seems to be of type input. (I would suspect a pin called Out3 should be an output)

Looks like 2 other locations have the same problem also.

@remote1 Check out the FAQ: https://forum.kicad.info/t/errtype-3-pin-connected-to-some-others-pins-but-no-pin-to-drive-it/10946

Certainly, one can ignore all the ‘rules checks’ in KiCad. However, if one has a problem later, it will not be KiCad that is at fault if the outcome is a bad board.

Yes, it should be listed as an output, but when I look at my schematic component it says my Out3 is an output and I read that link twice before making this post (I do appreciate the suggestion) :

Pins 1 and 1 (A and B) on my NAND gate are listed as inputs. Is it possible the op amp isn’t updating on my schematic once I change Out3 to an output? Is there a way to update it to see if it’s updated? The only way I know to check now is to look at the schematic pinout but the current pinout says its an output.

Update: I changed the pin type after I added to the schematic and it never updated. Solved the problem but would still like to know how to update the component in the schematic once I’ve changed it in the footprint library. Something it asks me if I want to update the schematic to the updated component and sometimes it doesn’t…

Hard to know exactly where your problem lies. One suggestion is to use “Ctrl+e” to launch the Symbol Editor. It will pull the Symbol from the library that is actually used in the schematic; this should ensure that the changes you make get pushed into the schematic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.