ERC error question

I got too many ERC error…
one of them is "Pin connected to other pins, but not driven by any pin

but I’m wondering, because “RED_LED_PWM”, “GREEN_LED_PWM”, “BLUE_LED_PWM” are same signal which is connected to MCU pins

but only GREEN_LED_PWM has no error…
I use global label, so I think there is no issues on connection.
I don’t know what is different and how I can solve it

If you have similar experience, please give me advice

Often the complete wording of the ERC error is important. If you generate an ERC file report (see screenshot, below), you can cut and paste from the text file output to the forum. Yes the file will have the extension “.erc”, but it is just a text file and should open up in any text editor.

Also, the ERC marker might not be exactly where the error is, but it will be on the same net as the error. Using the Highlight net feature might help find the actual location of the error.

1 Like

If you correctly copied the error text then this means that the pin in question is defined as power input. (Why would you do that for the base contact of a bipolar transistor. You might want to look at Electrical type of schematic symbol pins (KiCad 4 and KiCad 5))

A power input pin needs a power output pin on the same net. If you come to the conclusion that power input is the right type for that pin then look at ErrType(3): Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it

And generally: Why would you use a bipolar transistor in a switching application? I would have expected a power mosfet or an IGPT. (Or is your symbol simply wrong?)

1 Like

If the switched current is up to 100 mA or so, BJT’s in the 390x class (or BC84x/BC85x class) are incredibly cheap, may already be used elsewhere on the assembly, and have multiple sources of supply.

Dale

2 Likes

There is some reason that I use BJT instead of MOSFET.
the main reason is that I have BJT component in my lab. but this is not meaning that I have to use BJT, just because I have it

and I read your link and change base from input to output
then error is gone

Thanks Rene

Now most of error are solved, except 5 warning.
and I’ve just create ERC file report.

I’m gonna post it in forum
thanks SembazuruCDE

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.