ERC error in EEschema

I had a clean DRC on my schematic. Did a few little things and ran DRC again. Now a few errors appear. They are related to connections to Vcc (+3.3V) or GND. Everything looks connected but I am getting , “Pin connected to another pin, but not driven by any pin.”

There are dozens of other Vcc and GNDs on the schematic and they are fine. I seemly fixed them by deleting the symbol and/or moving it down and connecting with a wire, etc., etc. DRC runs clear. Try it again a little later and there could be that error on a NEW Vcc or GND.

Got another error on a +24V symbol. There are only 2 places on the schematic this is used and one gives the same error. Screen shot of each attached

Thanks in advance.

ERC not DRC in the schematic
edit I changed the topic title to ERC

Have you attached a PWR_FLAG to all power nets?

Thanks, Yes, ERC, sorry.

Not sure what you mean, but I attached a shot of my Power Symbol properties.

There is a special symbol in the Power library called Power Flag. KiCad’s ERC tries to help you to make sure that you actually have power pins powered (and don’t have two power sources connected). But, if you pass power through a passive part (or pull it from a generic connector) then KiCad doesn’t know where the power is coming from. The Power Flag symbol (looks like a diamond) is used to convince KiCad that there actually is a power source. It can be placed anywhere once on a power net (twice will cause other issues), but many of us advise placing it where the power logically enters your schematic as further documentation. See this FAQ entry:

4 Likes

Thanks for the help. I got it figured out. Last gotcha was all the pins on the IC’s that I downloaded had symbols with all the pins defaulted to Bi-Directional. That is a no-no on Vcc and Ground. They must be inputs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.