Enable 45/90 Contraints In KiCAD 6?

Thanks for the suggestions. I already proposed the feature request - here: Feature Request: Allow track routing to be constrained to H/V (#10356) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab. Hopefully it explains this with less confusion. I shouldn’t have lumped in track routing with the measure and graphic line drawing tools.

Just to add something for non-US (?) keyboards users: the preassigned Ctrl+/ does not work.
I mean, I have it bound to Ctrl+/ as default, but that combo on my Italian keyboard would be Ctrl-Shift+7 (the ‘/’ is over ‘7’ here), and that doesn’t work.

Then I tried reassigning it, but I can’t reassign it to either Ctrl+7 or Ctrl-Shift+7, as those combos aren’t recognized (the assignment doesn’t complete), and I can’t assign it either to Ctrl+\ for the same reason!
Note: the ‘\’ on an IT keyboard is the key left of ‘1’.

Looks like I can’t reassign it to almost anything that’s already in use with Ctrl-anything.
So I tried reassigning it to some less relevant single-key accented letters (here I have èòàùì, as an example). Nothing, none of them is accepted - the assignment dialog box closes as it worked, but nothing is changed. Pretty puzzling…

@lmattcrisg : same here with german keyboard.
I have assigned:
Track corner mode (45/90°/round) Shift+Y
switch track posture Y
so its convenient for my left hand (while the right-hand can remain on the mouse).

@mf_ibfeew I don’t feel alone anymore :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I tried Shift+Q to remember how to change Qorners :grinning:, and keeps being on my left hand as well, here I have QWERTY on the first line

I know that does not help you, but it works on my keyboard (de_CH). I have to press ctrl-shift-7, it not very convenient but it works. Not sure what this has to do with US keyboards, neither my nor your keyboard is a US keyboard.

See this bug :slight_smile:

It seems that it has more to do with Windows than the keyboard layout. From the bug i suppose you are on Windows? That would explain why i don’t observe the bug on my Debian.

I don’t have Windows so i can not test it.

@johannespfister Right, running KiCad 6 on Win10 pro x64. It’s anyway a matter of how OS reports keys and how the thin layer of the wxWidgets or whatever else is used :man_shrugging:
I would think more of the framework behavior more than the OS, but that could be answered better by those who develop KiCad, who maybe have already experienced it

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.