Electrical rules check ( error )

hello everyone !

I’m very busy making a schematic for work, but I think I found a problem. As you can see in my screenshot my electrical rules check gives me warning arrows of places that ARE connected. I may have made a mistake, please notify me if I did.

How do I get rid of those errors ? ( not the marking arrows I know that ).

please post the detailed error message

The arrows don’t always mark the actual error, they may point to another connection on the same net. If you look closely, the “D103” (or is it DIO3) label near R7 is not actually connected. The same is probably true of the ground connection. It’s hard to see on that schematic.

2 Likes

Here is the detailed error message.

@1.21Gigawatts I have deleted and reconnected the pin but it still give me the error that it’s not connected.

There are two different errors here. The ones with error type two are the ones already guessed at by @1.21Gigawatts

The error type 3 means you have no point where you supply your pcb with power (as far as kicad is concerned). Add a powerflag to tell kicad where the supply comes from.
More details see: ErrType(3): Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it

I suspected the “GND” error was a “… no pin to drive it” error. I believe there is a FAQ for that, which Rene will post shortly. :wink:

1 Like

Check the connection at “R7”.

I see it now :sweat_smile: Not very clever of me.

I can not find any point where you supply your pcb so the error type 3 is a real error in this case. (You will need a connector for getting GND and 12V into your pcb. Add the power flags near that connector.)

At least such a connector is not in the part of the schematic you show us.

I will try that, thanks @Rene_Poschl and @1.21Gigawatts.

I have used the power flags on the power supply ( +12V ) and one of the grounds. It does not give me errors anymore.

thanks for helping me !

Did you also add a connector as i suggested? Otherwise you just mask the problem for ERC but will run into trouble once you build your system.

Yes I did, I’m better of troubleshooting now then later when i’m further in creating my PCB.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.