Dynamic Components Alignment

you are absolutely right, especially about OCD, it is inappropriate. Members here are also real picky about members criticizing KiCAD, even in constructive ways, and as you have already mentioned are picky about board aesthetics, myself I am about the latter one too. I could see that forum maintainers here want this forum to be for discussing “How To and technicalities” in KiCAD, and if you have a feature request or a complain about the way things being done, do it in the appropriate place i.e. gitlab, although it caught my attention that seth is among us.

1 Like

Of course I’ll not. But now I’m not sure how I write it. Probably I write ‘wont’ as I say it with ‘o’ and not ‘a’. I had very rare occasions in my live to speak with someone in English. During last 15 (may be 20) years I was once abroad (a week skiing in Italy). Second one I don’t count as it was visit at my cousins so we were speaking Polish.
I can’t promise that I will remember to write it correctly as I’m not sure if I will notice my mistake.

Only second. We here (in Poland) were forced to learn Russian (since probably 4-th class of primary school through all classes including at study at Technical University) but it would be hard to me to understand and really not possible to say/write anything now.
I remember that at study I used Russian ‘Spravocznik algorithmov na iazyku Algol’ (very good release) as a really good source of well written code. I copied from it for example the matrix inversion algorithm which probably (as I remember) used only the memory occupied by this matrix. Those time (end of 70’th years) memory saving was one of the most important software criteria. Few years later I also (from that Spravocznik) rewrote the FFT (from Algol to Basic at Commodore-64). Using Commodore I was sampling few seconds of speaking and displayed its changes in spectrum distribution over time (semi 3D chart).

We had bad experience with using 1206 packages containing 4 resistors. Once in our firm history we had the big (in our small scale) and timely order for devices in which we had those resistors used at bus. More then 20% of manufactured devices had a problems with these resistors (they broke during reflow soldering). It was hard to find as it sometimes worked and sometimes not and you didn’t see the break. We ended with getting them from different source and manual replace all of them (about 2000 I think) and in big hurry.

This forum is a good place to discuss about possible enhancements to KiCad or deficiencies in constructive tone. But feature requests can’t be kept here for tracking. Finally they must go to the issue database. Personally I would even prefer discussing some propositions here first with the other end users.

4 Likes

exactly, like this post, a feature request should get attention first, for a member to file a feature request later on, it is strictly useless to file a feature request iff one member needs it…

I don’t think we should go near those clinical terms and acronyms. I would just use words like fussy or fastidious to describe myself. I like lining things up but I’m not obsessed. Given a choice of lining up and fitting into a limited area I’d go for the latter. I keep my computer directories tidy but I don’t feel compelled to fix it constantly because my filesystem is constantly evolving so as long as it’s reasonably orderly I leave it at that.

2 Likes

I find it interesting to note what is publicly acceptable these days compared to say, the 60’s & 70’s.
Ahh, the pendulum swings.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.