Drawing Simplified Block Schematics For Reference

Hi,

I was wondering if there’s a way to draw a simplified block schematic for reference (to show how something is calculated for example, or to show how it works).
Basically I wanted to draw some components, but did not want them to be included in the net list, exported to the layout, etc, I just wanted them to be there as a reference with some text for explanation of what the circuit does.

I don’t think there’s an option in KiCad to place components and deactivate them.

Any ideas? The alternative might be to draw it in another schematic sheet, that’s not part of the project hierarchy and then make a bitmap of the schematic, and import the bitmap into the schematic I want to annotate, but that’s more cumbersome.

Hi kaitrek,

Power symbols aren’t include in the netlist. So, try this (I have not tested it).

References for power symbols begin by “#”. Name this way all references you don’t want to be in the netlist. Instead of “R1”, “#R1” and so on.
With a bit of luck it will work!

Pedro.

There are various drawing tools available for the schematic, you should be able to draw your block diagram using graphics elements and text.