DPDT/SPDT footprints anyone?

It’s literally the exact same thing as OP used, hence my necro post. I’ve got tons of original Miyama and ripoff parts, those are very common miniature switches in Germany. Pin spacing of PCB mount and solder lug units are the same, it’s just a different hole size and shape which could be made into six distinct footprints: (Pin, Lug, Universal ) x (SPDT, DPDT). SPST uses the same footprint as SPDT, just with one leg not present. I’ve already made an universal footprint that theoretically fits my needs, but until I got it fabricated, I do not know how well it fits. OP likely got his PCB made already (it’s only been three years…) and probably does know.

“new users can only attach one image per post”

I use them often - my goto Toggle switch…

SW_Toggle_Blue_wSlots.kicad_mod (2.9 KB)
Toggle_SW_Blue_R0.step (260.7 KB)

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 12.02.41 PM

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 12.04.34 PM

IMG_20200829_120323453_HDR

4 Likes

thanks a lot for the footprint and the 3D model as well.
I’m wondering why it doesn’t come with KiCAD since it’s a quite common component.
Even in 6.0.9 there is not. I needed to understand if it was my fault into the research and i got this topic.

Beside this, in KiCAD looking for SPDT I get the wrong footprint … it returns the DPDT …

And I’m wondering how many different footprints would be needed to cover common switches.

The library shown is Button, Switch, THT. Is the library part a SPDP switch footprint?

it’s the library I have since I use KiCAD. As you can see form the screenshot I wrote SPDT and I expect SPDTs. The one shown and the one right below it, are the only 2 wrong ones.

4:
Miniature SPDT
Miniature DPDT
SubMiniature SPDT
SubMiniature DPDT
:slight_smile:

1 Like