DirtyPCBs.com - gerber output not useable by boardhouse

Hi All,

Got my PCB’s back today and they look perfect and well made. :smile:

Hope this helps anyone now and in the future.

Regards

Gary

Same here - got mine today (made with quirks from first post). They’re great.

Since (presumably?) a recent update kicad started using the extension .gm1 instead of .gml for the Edge_cuts layer gerber. Changing the extension back to .gml makes it work for me at Dirtypcbs.

@andete: But did you also tweak the content of a file or changing file extension is all you did? What is the version you are using?

I did not have to change any file contents. Just a renaming of the .gm1 to gml.

I custom-built kicad myself: 2015-10-27 BZR 6284.

‘make it work’ = status ‘at board house’ or status ‘shipping’?

Thanks for that tip! My submission to DPCBs was rejected today. I renamed the .gm1 to .gml and it was accepted!

Is this a legit bug the dev. need to be made aware of? I can’t help but wonder if any of the above issues are related to the problems being encountered by those designing g-code isolation routing software. The program for Eagle almost works on Kicad gerbers but produces a board with errors. Sure would be nice to get to the bottom of this.

Yesterday I got a parcel from DirtyPCBs. I’ve generated the gerbers with kicad 2015-11-24 BZR 6329, Git e511afd and besides the renaming of the .GM1 to .GML nothing else was needed and the boards look pretty good. Also panelizing with Mousebites worked well. The only thing is, that the silkscreen contains some circular shapes all over all boards (each board shows the same pattern). Looks somehow a bit weird, as these circular shapes are not visible in the DirtyPCBs preview either. Maybe it is their fault, or there is somehow something wrong in the silk-screen gerber file. But I really don’t mind, as the silkscreen does never cover any solder regions (pads).