Differential pair routing - finding net pair

So I have this USB C connector which I want to connect to a USB chip with differential pairs for TX and RX.

The differential pair routing tool does not automatically find the other net of the differential pair when I klick on any of RX or TX pins A2, A3, B1 or B11, because the auto-generated net name ends with a closing parenthesis and the + or - sign is not the last character in the net name.

I can of course label the nets manually. But if I have a larger number of differential pairs this becomes tedious.

Is there another way, to proceed with the autogenerated net names?

If not, it seems that it would be helpful, if the differential pair routing tool could be made aware of the information of differential pair that is already present in the TX1+ and TX1- pin names. Either by making the tool look inside the parenthesis, or by changing the way the automatically generated net names are built, to keep the + or - (or P or N) last in the net name.

And / or is there or could there be a way to manually select the other net of the differential pair?
This could possibly be somewhat more error prone than if the information in the symbols were automatically used, but as it is now, the user has to name the nets manually anyway.

Symbol:

bild

Short answer: no, you can’t use auto-generated net names for differential pairs.

Do you mean something like these pin helpers?
(Coming in the next KiCad version.) :slight_smile:

That’s a usable help to make net labels semi-automatically.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.