Custom grid in Eeschema?

Is there a way to set custom grid in Eeschema?

No. The reasoning is that you must have a grid that aligns properly to be able to detect the connections.

I meant a custom grid in mils (which is the unit of schematic at the moment).

E.g. I want to use a grid of 200 mils or 400 mils when placing large symbols on schematic. And by definition it will be on the grid of 1 mil which satisfies the connection detection requirement, right?

as far as I understand it eeschema atm is waiting for getting the focus to being reworked and the current feature set is more or less frozen as they don’t want to pimp up a near-dead-horse, so to speak.

IMHO, the mills units don’t make sense for the eeschema symbols anyway as this should rather be in mm, but I understand that currently this is all legacy.

Anyone with more awareness of the situation or better knowledge, please correct me if I’m wrong.

If you mean the symbol editor, no. I tend to use a text editor to create the symbols. Otherwise if you want to create large symbols and the vertices all lie on 100mil (or was it 50mil) then you would have no problem. There should be no problem placing such large symbols on a schematic either, but you will have to check the positioning yourself if you want to align pins in a certain way relative to other symbols.