Copy and paste sub-circuit 114 times

Hi,

I have to do a schem with 114 small subcircuits. (each subcircuit is the same as the others) . I wish to draw the sub-circuit once, then have it in a “box”, then just paste that box 114 times. The only way I can see to do this is with hierarchical sheets, as that gives me the “subcircuit in a box”…however, that also produces a separate schem sheet for each box (so that’s 114 schem sheets) and I don’t want that, so please advise on how to do this?

If all the circuits are the same, you will just need to point all those hierarchical sheets to the same schematic. One schematic, 144 instance.

Yep.

Nope.

You can re-use the same hierarchical sheet multiple times.

This is also the basis for the “replicate layout” script that helps a lot with, well, replicating the layout of one of the sub circuits on the PCB.

This link:

has a link to a pdf with a tutorial for using the “Replicate Layout” script. It probably also handles the part of re-using a schematic sheet in a hierarchical design, but I’m not sure about that.

… and you can make it pretty easily so that you

• create one hierarchical sheet
  • copy it (the hierarchical box) from the schematic
  • paste it
  • copy those 2 boxes and paste etc.

They all point to the same file but have individual sheet names.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.