Configure copper pour direction/shape when pouring into a pad

Hello,
Where can i configure the direction of a copper pour? I don’t want the pour coming in as an “x” shape on the SMD pads but as a “+” shape. I can’t remember the exact name for this type of configuration

So I assume you mean that you have thermal reliefs on the SMD pad, and the thermal spokes are at 45 degree angle / diagonally, but you want to have them horizontally and vertically instead.

There is at least a local setting for the pad: Pad properties (right click on pad, choose properties) → Clearance overrides and Settings (tab) → Thermal relief overrides (section of that tab, lower part of the tab) → Spoke angle (field).

I would expect there to be a setting for this globally, per zone and/or per footprint, but it seems this has not been implemented, or at least I don’t find it where I expect it.

I would expect there to be a setting for this globally, per zone and/or per footprint, but it seems this has not been implemented, or at least I don’t find it where I expect it.

I think there is currently no such global setting.

To set multiple (or all) pads to a different spoke angle:

• these steps are for v7
  • enable properties panel on the left
  • selection filter: enable only pads
  • block-select all pads on the board (LMB-click → rectangle)
  • now only pads should be selected, title of properties panel should state “Pads”
  • change “spoke angle” value in the properties panel (second entry from bottom)
  • recalculate fill
1 Like

Yeah That is exactly what i need.
it is not very useful if i have to do it for all pads in my whole project.

Hopefully the feature will be implemented soon.

A gitlab-issue was created yesterday: Customizable copper fill spoke

I have added some remarks, as I believe this topic needs a bit thinking. Just adding a simple global spokes-angle-value could be restrain future universal approaches.

[Off-topic]
Out of curiosity, why do you need your spokes in + shape?

Bas

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.