Commands to create manufacturing data

Hello,
is there a possibility to create a gerberdaten, drillfile, position file and bom in a linux environment using Kicad?

The goal is to prepare the data afterwards and to integrate them into a given directory structure. I would otherwise always have to do it manually and that is error-prone.

1 Like

I use KiCad with Windows. I don’t think generation of gerbers, drillfile, P&P file and BOM in linux is in any way different than in Windows. May be I don’t understand word ‘environment’ that may be means of something to be immersed in Linux in a way I don’t know from Windows.
If you used “Command” (singular) I would understand that you are looking for one Command that automatically does all manufacturing files.
But you used “Commands” what suggest that may be you just don’t know which KiCad Commands to use to generate those files.
But later you write that:

So you don’t want to do it manually - so you don’t ask for pointing you which KiCad functions to use.

So may be you ask for separate script for each type of manufacturing files. But there is little difference between that and just using KiCad functions.

What is the question actually about?

This will be possible in KiCad 7 which will be out in a few months.

1 Like

I think they want to generate the files from the command line without using a GUI. This makes it possible to do it from automation scripts. See recent posts about the upcoming kicad-cli in v7.

In the meantime and specially for Linux you can use KiBot, that lets you do all that and much more:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.