C'mon now boys and girls!

Hi all, thank you for your patience.

I have setup the page for the Special Edition (Fundraising) of KiCad Like a Pro 3e.

Please use this URL: https://techexplorations.com/so/kicad-like-a-pro-3e-special-edition/

All details, including the discount coupon, in that page.

Enjoy!

Using firefox from germany on linux with ublock origin in expert mode, js disabled by default. I disable ublock origin on your site, everything works fine until checkout - I attempt to use paypal for payment, this opens a new window with paypal login, I log in there and make the payment and then it redirects to a buy.paddle.com page which complains that js is not enabled, and the popup doesn’t have a full menubar so I can’t access my plugin options to enable it there. I got it to work by copying and pasting the URL in a new tab and enabling js there. That worked and payment went through and I got a bunch of emails, but the original order page is still left hanging on processing payment. It’s a really unpleasant user experience. Either way, I did manage to pay for it and apparently have access. Also, as further feedback, I got a total of ten emails for this order. Three from Futureshock, one from Paddle, one from paypal, and five from Tech Explorations. Seems a bit excessive for a single purchase. I guess you’re still setting things up for this product so I figured I’d let you know.

Two more things, now that I have access to the actual download page - the pdf download link for 3e opens a photo of your logo instead of a PDF, and I can’t see where to access the web edition.

And finally, is there some way to send you extra money just to fund your work, without buying more products?

Same here. I’ve raised a ticket. No doubt some glitch setting up the download page.

Maybe you could gift someone a course or e-book from the shop?

Hi all, @retiredfeline and @kliment,

I am looking into the issue that @kliment described with Paddle. I’ll get back to you on that. Thank you for the detailed description of the problem, it is super helpful.

For the downloads, please notice one of the points from the sales page (I copy the screenshot below):

I estimate that the full downloadable files (PDF, epub, mobi) will be available around the end of November or early December. In the mean time, only the web version of the book is available.

You can track my progress here (this is a live page).

To access the web version of the book, login to your account. You will see the web version of the book setup as a course in your courses page.

Working around the clock on the book (while fixing checkout bugs :slight_smile: )

@kliment, thank you for your support. I like @retiredfeline 's idea on buying a gift course for someone. I’ll have to setup a way to do this, but you can also raise a ticket to ask for a gift coupon. I’ll have to think more about this once the book is finished.

Thanks I missed that. You can close my ticket.

1 Like

You may want to put that message in the image that currently gets downloaded from those links.

I opened a support ticket asking for a gift option.

@kliment, I will do that (message in image).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.