Change to 34" curved monitor?

FWIW, I just change over to 48" curved monitors and I should have done it years ago. Not having the break between two monitors is fantastic. I also put a 34" curved in portrait orientation so when I’m working on code, I can see 60 lines at once. Monitors are desk space. The more area you have, the more you can spread out lots of information and be more productive.

I use three x 27" monitors in a wrap around (datasheet - left, PCB centre, SCH , right)
so I that means I need a 81" monitor ? and it would need to wrap around me.

Or just stack up two 48". Core work is done on the bottom one, top one has “stuff you need to look at every now and then”. The portrait 38" is another screen at eye level, that would come close to your three 27" monitors.
Enclosed is pix of my recently updated software development area. Screen area is like a physical desk top. The bigger the desk, the more you can put in front of you. Seeing the “big picture” of a project is easier.

You can see the two 48" on the right, the “vertical” for code, a 50" 4K TV set to 2K resolution so it’s actually usable as a monitor. The next two are 27" iMac and 27" monitor that I’m retiring, but, they can be useful for monitoring a real-time system I run. Then a 32" TV, cheap, had the port on the iMac, just because. Finally on the left a white board. Because sometimes you just need to think in a 2D analog space…

2 Likes

@eepete so YOU are operating mission control. :rocket:
Taking all thoughts given into account, I decided for two 22" flat monitors side by side.
Some of my colleagues use a (single) 34" curved, which I tried for a couple of minutes.
Couldn’t convice me.
As promised before, here is a view to my 1930th setup:

It represents the limits of my personal abilities BTW. :crazy_face:

I use 2 x 24" (1920x1080) screens. Originally they were mounted on a single, dual-armed desk mount (screw to back of desk), but I found that it limited the monitor positioning. So last year I bought two single-armed desk mounts, works a LOT better.

There’s a few advantages: you can easily adjust the height, cables go along the arms / down the stands, to keep your desk tidy, and the biggest plus for me is… clear desk space under the monitors.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.