Can Not Generate BOM

I am using Windows 10 and can not generate a BOM. I have tried over several weeks on my Friday Project. The button I click starts python, but has a problem withe the C: Is there a method to just use relative addressing not absolute like C:\ ?
This is the line that is executed

“C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\python.exe” < “%I” > “%O”

I get the following error:

Run command:
“C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\python.exe” < “C:\Users\brucebb\Documents\Schematic_PCB_KiCAD\FridAlrm2T\FridAlrm2T.xml” > “C:/Users/brucebb/Documents/Schematic_PCB_KiCAD/FridAlrm2T/FridAlrm2T”

Command error. Return code 2
Error messages:
C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\python.exe: can’t open file ‘<’: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

Thanks for the consideration.
Bruce

I am using KiCAD 5.0.0 version and WIN 10.

Remove “<” and “>” from your command and put desired script after python.exe:
“C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\python.exe” path_to_script.py “%I” “%O”

Thank you for the reply. I use Windows 10 so I just click on the BOM Generator. But I eliminated the < > and there was an error
command line now is
“C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\python.exe” path_to_script.py “%I” “%O”

C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\python.exe" path_to_script.py “C:\Users\brucebb\Documents\Schematic_PCB_KiCAD\FridAlrm2T\FridAlrm2T.xml”

Command error. Return code 2
Error messages:
C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\python.exe: can’t open file ‘path_to_script.py’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I am not running unix. I looked in the directories and python is in the correct location.
My hope is that I can get a fix so Clicking on a window completes the action without me editing anything. Lets try again; I will type anything.

You need to pick which bom script you want to use, path to that script is what “path_to_script.py” is supposed to be.
Essentially read this

Creating a BOM from within EEschema section.

I got it now. I have generated at [my FIRST BOM] ! Many Thanks to the community.
I learned KiCAD without this forum, so this adds a lot. Great replies and timing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.