Can NET LABELS be used to make connections between SHEETS?

Hey everyone,

Previously I’ve used GLOBAL LABELS to make connections, but I was wondering if NET LABELS can and should be used to do the same thing?

I tried it on a schematic and I get errors that claim things are “unconnected”. Maybe NET LABELS don’t work between different SHEETS in the same schematic?

You probably want to use hiearchial labels on the sheets that will then map to pins on the sheet object in the parent sheet. I suspect what you are calling “net labels” are local labels, and they only connect to identically named labels on the same sheet. Even if you point to the same sheet schematic with different sheet objects (commonly done for parallel channels) the local labels on the sheet schematic will only connect to each instance of the sheet.

1 Like

My tutorial Hierarchical or flat schematic design, what is best for me? (How to deal with multi page schematics?) explains the options you have for making multi page schematics. Including which label type to use for which paradigm.

1 Like

Thanks Rene, I understand now. I’ve been basically just using different SHEETS to break up my schematic with no regard for any hierarchy. While I do understand it now, it’s probably easiest for me to make these last few connections with GLOBAL LABELS at this point.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.