Bus renumbered with collisions on import from 5.1.12 to 6.0.9

I found another replicable oddity in the ERC while cleaning up. I’ve modified the test schematic to show it.

VersionTest.zip (5.9 KB)

I’m seeing an issue with checking on output types on hierarchical sheets.

The original looks like

The output is not connected. This passes the ERC in version 5. I do think that’s an obvious hole in the ERC and version 6 rightly complains. However marking the output as unused like

Results in ERC errors in version 5. Version 6, however, is much worse. In version 6 an ERC check of this results in the schematic editor crashing!

What does work to silence the ERC in version 6 without causing the schematic editor to crash is to add unterminated nets! So the following passes ERC

While better than crashing, I think that’s worse than Revision 5 but that may be my personal aesthetics.

BTW, for anyone wondering why the outputs would not be connected, think of the hierarchical sheet like an IC, used in multiple places and boards, it doesn’t always have all of its pins connected.

1 Like

That bug was introduced into v6.0.10. NC-Flags on hierarchical sheet pins caused the crash. I think this was the main reason for the v6.0.11-version (released some days ago, which was originally not planned). An update with this last v6-version should solve the crash.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.