BOM from Eschema

KiCost will use the KitSpace-PartInfo API. @kasbah can give more information about the financial support.

The actual version of KiCost in pip use Octopart, the next (in beta validation) keep the Octopart module as compatibility and for large use, implement the PartInfo and even allow multiple module (I re-wrote portion of the code to allow this, allowing future Digikey specific module, for example).

But this version will just be release when “someone” help me with the issues in the milestone (https://github.com/xesscorp/KiCost/milestone/1). Particularly with the Windows and GUI related issues, because I have not how to debug Windows and GUI is not really my expertise.

1 Like

If someone here have some Python skill (in Windows or GUI using wxPython), it will really help this release and I can concentrate in next features that are the roadmap https://github.com/xesscorp/KiCost/milestone/2. Particularly the #17.

I have mentioned before, there is a chance we can do something about it…
But for now, it is clear the kicost script works very well in a Linux system.So it needs some edits for W10 …there was not a quick fix when my son tried here in our work place 10 days ago so we deferred it for a next time slot…

Last KiCost code is working on Windows and in both Python2/3.

1 Like

Guys, KiCost is close to a new release with new features and fix problems.
One interesting feature is the kicost --setup (executed on installation) and kicost --unsetup commands that set and unset configuration like shortcut and Eeschema integration (this is though to not IT/python expert users):

The feature was tested on Linux, so I need you friends to test on Windows and Mac-OS:

1. Check if the integration is done on installation;
  2. Execute kicost --unsetup and see if the integration/shortcut is removed;
  3. Execute kicost --setup and see if the integration/shortcut is re-made.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.