AutoRouter Documentation

@Rene_Poschl In what way you mean “supported” and “the dialog is the same”
We have only a choice to export as DSN file. There no diolog like previus versions.
Support to freeroute in what what way? DSN file takes care of everything
And I agree with @hermit. All efords must go to interactive routing. But when the designers will include an auto-routing facility to interactive routing. I did not see any announcements on that.

Where is the difference in the dialog for “starting” freeroute vs dsn export. (According to the devs both buttons do the same thing.)

For reference we are talking about this:
Screenshot%20from%202018-05-30%2017-41-20

Or are you talking about the old kicad internal autorouter that was part of the legacy canvas? (I think that one got removed completely. A long time ago as my two year old nightly on this PC does not include it any more.)

No there is no button any more. Only from FILE menu EXPORT to …
I have nightly build 4 days ago. here it is…

See the developer mailing list thread starting with this message: https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg35848.html

if you miss the Dialog box with the Help included (that I think could be useful), you may file a bug/wish at launchpad

I do not thing this is a bug. The designers simply decided to delete the button and have import and export to dsn file and not automatically run freerouter.
At the moment that decision I thing is the best choice and user will run any routing program decides until they settle to some kind of autorouting inside interactive routing.
Do you have any info about their future plans for inderactive routing and autorouting integratrion?

Freerouting is not integrated with KiCad.
I run it from the command line and export/import specctra and dsn

Sorry I may be misunderstood. I asked the people here about “interactive routing and autorouting integration” not “interactive routing and freerouting integration”.

I agree with the developers decision to keep a distance from freeroute since this is a not stable and supported package.

So my question was if anybody knows any plans for any kind of autorouting integration inside kicad’s very nice and well engineered interactive routing.

That will be good to know. Until then like everybody I am doing my job by exporting and importing dsn files depending on freeroute to do the job. It looks the best choice we have at the moment. (or not?)

@John-Nagle I saw your work and I am impressed what you did with freeroute. I may ask your help some time in the feature when I come to problems.