Assign Netclass in Eeschema (2)

Here it was said that eventually in version 6 this feature would be available. Was it implemented? How can it be done?

It was and it was expanded upon in v6.99 (alpha stage) where there is a eeschema part you can add to a net to apply such class information

Ok, but how is this done? I am looking into the properties of the components, their pins, and also the properties of the wire and cannot find anything regarding the netclass.

In Schematic Setup in v6. It’s just like assigning netclasses in the board editor: you do it in the setup dialog, not through properties of any items in the schematic.

Oh, I see. There is no “graphical label” that I can place in a wire to indicate that it belongs to the netclass “high voltage” for example. The workflow would be the same as before this feature if I am understanding correctly. I.e. I give all the “high voltage” nets a net label “HV1”, “HV2”, … and then all the nets named “HV_” I manually assign them to the “high voltage” netclass. Is this correct?

Would be nice to have a button “Add netclass label” similar to “Add net label” for this purpose. Then the same label can be used in all nets belonging to such netclass, and reduce probability of mistakes.

This is the part that is coming in V7

Correct. Although even in V7, you will want to give your nets a net label.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.