I have Gerber files from Altium and I can open those files in Gerber Viewer. Then I exported those files to kicad_pcb so I can edit those files in PcbNew. But When I try to open I am getting an error.
The mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1010,wx containers,compatible with 2.8),
and wxPython used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx containers,compatible with 2.8).
Can anyone tell me what should I do to eliminate this error? Or Is there a way that I can open Altium Project?
This is not a problem of the gerber import. This is a problem with your installation.
(You will get the same error when opening pcbnew for a kicad project.)
What operating system are you using and how did you install kicad.
Also be warned: the gerber viewer to pcb_new export does not really work.
(At least it does not in the stable kicad version i have not checked it under nightly)
Issues i discovered with it:
pads are changed to vias (even smd pads)
copper zones are not created correctly. (The outline is traced with short tracks instead. No copper zone is created.)
in my tests i found no way to get npth holes imported.
Maybe somebody knows of a workaround for all of that.
I edited your title to indicate that you want to import from altium to kicad.
Just out of curiosity: Did you experience any of the problems i had when i tested it? (See my first post.)
If not could you maybe give a short write up what you did?
(Or does it just not work with gerbers exported by kicad itself?)
When I tried to export Gerber files to .kicad_pcb it worked, but I had to manually change its extension to .kicad_pcb to open it with pcbnew. Also, when I tried to export it asked me about copper layer count (16 layers was maximum). Besides that It looks like working.
There are a number of additional ways you can about this that come to mind:
use https://github.com/erichVK5/translate2geda to convert the gerber into a gEDA PCB format footprint that can then be imported into kicad as a footprint element. The same issues apply with translate2geda having to guess what features are pins or pads or tracks. It may do a better job, or worse, than gerber viewer.
there is a version of the gEDA project’s gerber viewer, gerbv, that can export a gerber as dxf, which may give better results if you can then import dxf: https://github.com/alyoshin/gerbv-dxf