Adding a Connection Point

Hey All, Hope you are all safe and healthy. Two quick questions for you.

1. I am trying to add connection points for wires to attach to a PCB. I do not want to use a connector. I just want to solder the wires to the board. I have attached a partial of one I found online to illustrate what I would like and want to know where I find this in the schematic library? The circled area is what I am looking for.

2. I added a new symbol in my project library and now when I go to add a component, I no longer have access to my global library. What did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance.

You could use the PinHeader_1x01_P2.54mm_Vertical part from the Connector_PinHeader_2.54mm KiCad built in library. That’s what I often do.

You might want to read through the FAQ (Start Here) Frequently Asked Questions specifically

I added a new symbol in my project library and now when I go to add a component, I no longer have access to my global library. What did I do wrong?

Not sure if anyone saw this in my first post?

Too little information to answer that.

Why do you think i linked the FAQ article about library management?

Sorry my bad. Doing too many things at the moment. I appreciate your help as always Rene.

I think I have it fixed.All good. Thank you.

Sorry, couldn’t follow. What did you do exactly to fix it?

Thanks in advance. Stay safe and healthy.

There are two questions in this thread.

The lib problem is not really specified so you can not reasonably assume that you have a similar problem (if you have lib problems then make a new thread where you give us a lor more details). Or read the FAQ article.

If it is about conncting a wire to the pcb then read the other 3. Or again detail what exactly your question is.

The library issue is resolved. I removed KICAD from my computer, removed all associated files that were in several locations in the background, put them where they belonged and then reinstalled a fresh new version of KICAD. Everything working as it should. I have also figured out my connection point problem so thank you for all the help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.