78 pin SUB-D Connector Footprint

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

Hi, How come there isnt any 78 pin SUB-D Connectors in the Library? They are pretty standard in industry…
Does anyone have download link for one or good tutorial too learn how to make one myself?

I have never really done it untill now…

I guess i need the Datasheet for specific Component and go from there, but what is right way to make the holes right distance? Array function?

Thanks for help, Cheers!

FAQ thread Tutorial: How to make a footprint in KiCad 5.1.x? may have some good tips for you. It’s for v5.1 but still mostly relevant.

1 Like

Thanks! I will try it out and post the finished result so other people can use it!

Hi Yall!

While searching for right Datasheet for the SUB-D 78 Pin, i found this: on Mouser.de

The 3D modell isnt right because it has only 8 pins. But all the holes are there and can be used as 78 pin SUB-D Connector.

Have Fun with it!

Thanks.
[Moderator edit: file removed because it violates copyright]

Apparently you didn’t read license.txt?

1. You will not distribute our models in any form useable as a PCB Library Component - except within your own company.
1 Like

Yeah but you can download it for free from their website, without loging in or buying the components.

Mouser Footprint

Take look at ECAD MODEL in the link.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.